Friday, December 14, 2007

The Ackley Christmas Tree




Every year we like to get a different type of Christmas tree. This year we got a Frasier Fir that has a blue-ish hue to it. It's really pretty. I know lots of people who have fake Christmas trees, and they rave about how easy, clean, and convienient they are. I must admit, it is tempting to make the switch, but I just can't seem to do it. We live in the Evergreen State. Buying a fake tree would be like buying a plastic cactus in Arizona.

I was getting pretty bored of our old ornaments, too, so we bought some new ones to add to the mix. We got these really great apple-green glitter balls from Home Depot (Thanks for the tip, Melissa!). They are shatter proof, which is great when you have toddlers running around, and the green goes nicely with the blue-ish-ness of the tree. I also added some crystal, some moss from outside, and lots of great big pine cones from our friends' yard in Lake Tahoe. Oh, and some little disco ball ornaments, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.