Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Some years I make no new year's resolutions. This year, I have several. I have decided to share a few with y'all (I can't share everything, I don't want you to know ALL my weaknesses).

1. Keep my new year's resolutions.

2. Take a daily vitamin and eat more vegetables.

3. Ride my bike at least 50 miles a week.

4. Drink 64 oz. of water each day.

5. Limit my spending on lattes to $30 a month.

6. Read and do all the homework in The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity

7. Read to my kids every night...no skipping.

8. Wear my night guard every night...no skipping.

9. Give 3 compliments a day.

10. Commit to, and be more disciplined with, improving my photography skills and
starting my photography business.

Now for those of you who do not have any resolutions for 2008: Copy and print off the following, and put it up where you will see it everyday. I have mine on my bathroom mirror, it's been there for a few years now, and I have long since memorized it.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?

Actually, who are you NOT to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.


Nelson Mandela 1994 Inaugural Speech

2 comments:

  1. Jess,
    Your blog on new years resolutions brought me to tears just now. Your resolutions are so meaningful, and remind me to keep pushing to do the things that I constantly have excuses for. I especially LOVE the poem that you keep on your mirror, and will be printing it asap. You are a great motivator in my life, so thank you for that. -Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel- Thanks for keeping me laughing throughout the day, everyday, at work. Can you imagine how immature we would be if we didn't have to act professional in front of patients?
    You're a great friend.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.