Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Slides and Phone Booths





My husband really is a creative guy. Since he has accomplished so much more than just pretzel art, I thought I'd take the time to show off some of his creations around the house. A year ago he told me that he wanted to put a phone booth somewhere in the house. "Really? Wow" I think was what I said, but what I was thinking was Wow honey. You really are freakin' crazy!

Then sometime after that he came to me and said he wanted to build a slide down the stairs for the kids. You've officially lost it this time, honey! was again my thought, but told him to go for it.

I think every single time Dale has had an idea for some new novelty around the house, I always think he is insane, yet always end up loving whatever it is that he has made.

The phone booth was actually made from what was a hardly-used linen closet in our downstairs family room. I brought up the idea of making it one of those red British phone booths, and Dale was like "But it's not a British themed room." And I was like "Yeah, but it is a purple room. I think all rules go out the window once you paint a room purple." You can't tell in the picture, but the opposite three walls are painted eggplant- Love Potion is the actual color name. Anyhoo, we found the telephone for it on the internet, and it takes quarters and really does work!

As for the slide, our kids love it...and their friends REALLY love it. It is great entertainment when my friends bring their kids over. The only time it is not in our favor is when people bring their kids over to be photographed, the kids don't want to leave the slide. I always have to bribe them..."Okay! TEN more pictures (or whatever) and you can play on the slide again!"

3 comments:

  1. yes. brendan really loves the slide...and hiding out in the phone booth. you should show some of the other cool things he made, like bella's bedroom/closet doors and your upstairs bathroom, and your sweet window seat.....can he come over to my house? the pictures make me miss you. i wish i was eating my cheesecake and drinking my coffee over at your place this morning, while the children slide down the stairs! miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love reading your blog! Dale is very talented and I love seeing what all you've done with your house!!! We should try to get together one of these days - I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I think about your slide, I crack up! I will never forget Jacob's 1st attempt down that slide. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.