Saturday, December 22, 2007

Not Camping

Dale and I have gotten into cycling in the last couple years. This July, he and I are planning to do the Seattle to Portland, or STP. The STP is a 200 mile ride that will take two days to complete. Some crazy Lance Armstrong types do it in one day, I will not be one of those. My goal for the event will be just to reach the finish line without needing chest compressions along the way.

So the other day we were doing some shopping at Cabela's, and we wandered over near the camping gear. Our conversation then proceeded like this:

Dale "We're going to need some really good sleeping bags for the STP."

Me "What are you talking about? We're getting a hotel."

Dale "No we're not. We'll be camping. Everyone does."

Me (with sarcasm) "Oh really? You know this because you've done it before?"

Dale "No, I just know that's how it is, and it's part of the experience."

Me "Riding the bike 200 miles is the experience. Besides, I am going to want a cozy bed."

Dale "Will you be packing your hair dryer and makeup bag too?"

I gave up at that point. I am going to book a hotel for myself, and we'll see if Dale joins me. Maybe he can curl up in his new sleeping in the parking lot of my hotel. Maybe he'll change his mind and come knocking on my door...I'll probably be too busy resting my aching body in a hot bath to let him in. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.