Sunday, June 8, 2008

Skateland

This morning Dale and I were suffering from Long Bike ride Burnout, so we decided to take the kiddos to Skateland instead of our usual Sunday ride on the Chehalis Western Trail.

I was practically raised at Skateland, although I haven't been there in years. My cousins were competitive skaters, and my sister and I were there all the time. By the way...Jenn- when mom fell on you and you ended up in the ER, was your thumb broken or just sprained? And remember the time my wheel fell off and all those tiny ball bearings scattered all over the rink? Remember the hokey pokey and the disco ball and the insanely slippery floor in the snack bar? Oh yes, nothing's changed.

Nobody likes a bragger, I know, but I am a menace on skates. It's entirely possible I've missed my calling in life. The moment I stepped onto the rink today I was happy to discover "I still got it".

Dale is a great skater, of course, because he is good at everything he does. Bella was a little unstable (ok, a lot unstable) at first but before we knew it, she was out there skating laps by herself. And Rowan was perfectly content being pushed around the rink in his stroller.

Here are some pix from the day. The lighting was terrible, so I had to use my flash, giving everyone demon eyes.






4 comments:

  1. Okay so I have only one question ... have they redone the orange/red upholstery? If so, I'm in serious protest and I don't think I can possibly go there if the 70's vibe is gone. TELL ME THEY HAVE THE DISCO BALL STILL!!! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, the red upholstry is gone... But the disco ball lives on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't fret Erin - it looks like there is still red shag carpet on the benches! Jess, the thumb was only sprained, but of course I sported a large green splint on it for about a week. I totally forgot about the ball bearing incident though...that is hilarious! We definitely had some great times over there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...how can you forget the unforgiving slippery snack bar floor???

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.