Saturday, May 3, 2008

Pacific Northwest Girl


I was perusing through Macy's the other day when I found these great "Pacific Northwest Girl" shirts. How fun! I had to pick myself one up and I had to get one for Kaylee, considering her blog is named Pacificnorthwestgirl. They only had extra tiny sizes, which I am not, but who cares? I couldn't pass it up.

Then I get this email forwarded to me recently and with the shirt and this list, I had the makings for a great blog post.

I had to add my own comments to each one, too:)



The Pacific Northwest According To Jeff
Foxworthy

1. You know the state flower (Mildew). Yes...unfortunately

2. You feel guilty throwing aluminum cans
or paper in the trash. That's right! Don't forget cardboard!

3. Use the statement 'sun break' and know
what it means. Yep.

4. You know more than 10 ways to order
coffee. And do on a regular basis.

5 You know more people who own boats than air
conditioners. Who's got air conditioning?

6. You feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice
restaurant. Be nice, Jeff Foxworthy. We aren't THAT bad.

7. You stand on a deserted corner in the rain
waiting for the 'WALK' signal. Absolutely!

8. You consider that if it has no snow or has not
recently erupted, it's not a real mountain. The mountains in the east are soooooo tiny.

9. You can taste the difference between Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and Tully's. And have friends who own their own coffee shops with coffee blends named after them...I really do!

10. You know the difference between Chinook, Coho
and Sockeye salmon. And have caught them!

11. You know how to pronounce Sequim,Puyallup,
Issaquah, Oregon, Yakima and Willamette. Hahaha- I lived in Yakima!

12. You consider swimming an indoor sport. It's not?

13. You can tell the difference between Japanese,
Chinese and Thai food. That's not normal?

14. In winter, you go to work in the dark and come
home in the dark while only working eight-hour days. That's why we all go on meds.

15. You never go camping without waterproof matches
and a poncho. And those big blue tarps.

16. You are not fazed by 'Today's forecast: showers
followed by rain,' and 'Tomorrow's forecast: rain
followed by showers.' Not at all.

17 You have no concept of humidity without
precipitation. Right.

18. You know that Boring is a town in Oregon and not
just a state of mind. Yes.

19. You can point to at least two volcanoes, even if
you cannot see t hrough the cloud cover. I just look out my living room window!

20. You notice, 'The mountain is out' when it is a
pretty day and you can actually see it. Crazy we actually use that term.

21. You put on your shorts when the
temperature gets above 50, but still wear your hiking boots and parka. Ok, I am not personally guilty of this.

22. You switch to your sandals when it
gets about 60, but keep the socks on. Never did that one either.
23. You have actually used your mountain bike on a
mountain. Yes.

24. You think people who use umbrellas are
either wimps or tourists. Hahaha I always say the only people in Seattle with umbrellas are tourists.

25. You buy new sunglasses every year, because you
cannot find the old ones after such a long time. Oh SO true!!

26. You measure distance in hours. What's wrong with that?

27. You often switch from 'heat' to 'a/c' in the
same day. In fall and spring!

28. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit
under a raincoat. Sadly, yes.

29. You know all the important seasons:
Almost Winter, winter, Still Raining (Spring), Road
Construction (Summer), Deer & ;
Elk season (Fall). My boss refers to fall as "hunting season" and spring as "fishing season". He's on a fishing trip right now, come to think of it...

4 comments:

  1. I want one of those shirts!

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list. I may have to make it a regular thing on my blog. I love my shirt too. I'm glad it's not fleece or something more pacific-northwesty so that I can wear it here in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... coming out of "blog stalker status" to say 'I'm so stealing, I mean borrowing this.' AND, you look great and have a beautiful family ;-)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.