Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Shopping With Erin

Since Erin and I both had the day off today, we decided to hit Tacoma for some shopping. It was the first day of the Nordstrom half yearly sale, so that was a must. We both found a few great items there.

Then I had some business at one of the bicycle stores nearby (if you are thinking about taking up road biking, think again. It is a crazy expensive hobby. You may end up having to sell off your firstborn).

After that, we had Pho for lunch and great conversation, then headed off to Trader Joe's. See, Dale's birthday is coming up soon, and I have been on a quest to find his favorite ginger gummy bears. They used to sell them at World Market in Olympia, then one day, no more gummy bears. When I asked them about when they would get more in, they had no idea what I was talking about. I have had no luck finding them online, even ebay, but then I heard they sell them at Trader Joe's. I was actually planning on buying their whole supply. Well...as my shopping luck would go, we got there and found no gummy bears. When I asked one of the workers about them, I got that old fashioned deer-in-the-headlights look.

Either way, it was a great day and I always have a good time hanging out with Erin (even if she does workout to Neil Diamond).

Here she is, waiting patiently for me.















Look! The dream dress I have been searching for.















What's a day out without a self-portrait?

6 comments:

  1. Ginger gummies? Those sound delicious. What brand are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an absolute bummer that you didn't buy that dress with all of the formal events you have coming up!!! One of the best lunches I ever had by the way, both food and conversation!!! Talk to you soon, Erin

    BTW -- Did you watch an episode of Lost yet on your computer? I know that the Dharma Initive will get to you before December and you won't be able to resist. Also, why in the heck didn't we find someone else to take our photo? My weird ass crooked smile really stands out with extreme close ups!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you would have invited me, I could have taken the picture. Ok, fine. I'm just jealous. And instead of having a fun girls night, I'm drinking my wine alone. :( Maybe you guys should start a church and hire Rand to lead it?? Ok, fine again. That won't work. We'll just have to keep praying. Miss you both, my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how this makes me miss living in Oly! I'm glad you guys had a day away and enjoyed yourselves!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, I really hope you didn't buy that dress...because I have the exact same one! Just let me know when you need to borrow it, It's freshly dry cleaned. Fits like a glove...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jojee- The brand is Buderim, they're Austrailian.

    Erin- You are beautiful, crooked smile and all. Yes, that dress was a beauty. The opportunities to wear it would be endless. I knew if I bought it, though, you'd be constantly hounding me to borrow it. I didn't want to deal with that. By the way...you left your leftovers in my car. I ate it for lunch today. SO yummy. Thanks.

    Kaylee- Move back home already. You are a PNW Girl. That hot weather is going to petrify you.

    Melissa- When are you coming to Oly next? We need to do pictures!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.