Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Raindrops On My Hostas

My mom teaches at an alternative high school where each year they have a career day. Mom always recruits me, my sister and brother to speak at it. I discuss dentistry, of course, while Jenny and her co-worker talk about being an accountant/CPA, and Eric speaks on small business ownership (he's our little entrepreneur and recently opened his own machine shop- He inspires me!).
I'll be honest...I dread it. I mean really- who likes public speaking? Not me. But the goofy thing is that I get myself all nervous about it, then when I am up there, it's totally no big deal. It's never as bad as I think it will be. The kids are great and usually ask lots of questions so it makes the 40 minutes (yikes!) fly right buy.
Before I left the house this morning for my big, SO exciting, edge-of-your-seat presentation, I took these photos. I find that meandering around my yard taking pictures of random things is surprisingly calming (that and wandering through bookstores- I know- nerd).

Anyway, here are my some pics of my dewey hosta leaves.



2 comments:

  1. Finally. A new post. I miss you! We need to talk soon. I'm coming to Shelto- for 2 weeks starting June 3....but I'm flying to Philadelphia that first weekend for an interview. :( Seriously. We should talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philadelphia? Seriously? Seriously?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.