Thursday, May 22, 2008

Travel Awards

Sometimes while I am cleaning teeth I daydream. Ok, all the time. For some reason today, I was thinking about the places I have gone. I love to fly, and like to consider myself pretty well-traveled, so with that...I have decided to present a few awards.

Most Beautiful City to Fly Into:
Seattle. No, not because that is home to me, it's the mountains, the water, the city, the islands. So pretty. Close second: Chicago.

Nicest Airport: Detroit. No need to adjust your glasses, I said Detroit. Close Second: Cincinnati.

Airport Where I Had to Dodge Falling Ceiling Tiles: Houston.

The Little Airport That Could: Portland.

Airport Where the Gate Workers Stood There and Watched Me Struggle to Fold Up a Stoller With One Hand While I held an 8 Month Old in the Other: Orlando

Airport Where Dale and I Were Running to Make our Connection and I Wiped Out in Front of About 100 People and Both my Shoes Flew Off: LAX

Airport of Total Mayhem: Newark

Airport Where I Saw a President: JFK (New York- I saw Jimmy Carter- how cool, huh?)

Best Airport Experience While Traveling With Kids: Baltimore

Airport With the Best BBQ: Dallas

Airport Terrain That You'd Expect to be Mountainous, But it's Surprisingly Flat: Denver

Most intimidating Airport Workers: Frankfurt

Nicest Airline Employees: Hawaiian

Rudest Airline Employees: American

Feel free to add to my list. Courtney, I'm expecting to hear from you!

12 comments:

  1. Jessie--great list! I like the way your mind works. Were many of these travels with kids, or were they pre-kids?

    Email me about a possible fun (but unpaid at this point) writing opportunity. Contact info is on my site...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, left off the critical http://, try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few more for you:

    Airport security that doesn't smile when they find a rubber chicken in your suitcase: Seatac
    (long story)

    Flights where you're guaranteed to be the youngest on board by at least 30 years: Reno

    Airport where you can tell if people are arriving (drunk) or leaving (hungover): Las Vegas

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoops..there was a server error and my comment wouldn't publish. Looks like you get to read it 5 times now! Wow!

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Airport with the least color and the least moisture....
    you guessed it! PHOENIX, AZ

    Airport with the scariest airplanes and pilots....
    Manila, Philippines

    Airport with the best smell...
    Honolulu, Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  10. Airport where you can hardly believe you have just landed in the "Land of 10,000 Lakes": Minneapolis, MN (yep, looks like the desert, flat & dry; cue the theme to western movie)

    Airport that does not give a care if you miss your connecting flight (and has no sympathy for your fear of flying one month after 9/11): LAX (just re-read your post and looks like LAX made the running for connection list - will still add this one)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen- I took care of your multiple, redundant comments. Looks like you really wanted to get your point across!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One more! Airport where the customs agents don't even notice you aren't even 21 and you're bringing back several bottles of wine from Italy: Seatac

    BTW- Jamie- you got one of those bottles as a wedding gift, remember?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.