Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August 13th





You've been gone three years today.

After we had your service, I took a tiny sprig of ivy from one of the flower arrangements and planted it in my yard. Now the ivy extends to either side of the entryway, down the sidewalk, up the light pole, and hangs beautifully over the small cement wall. Sometimes I look at it's impressive growth and it reminds me of how much time has passed since you were with us.

Then other times I come across my favorite shirt of yours that hangs in my closet and it seems like just yesterday that I saw you wearing it, and it feels like no time at all has passed since you died.

I miss you so much.

4 comments:

  1. You'd think after three years that today would be easy...but it isn't. Thanks for the beautiful post! I'm thinking of you, Eric and mom today too. Love You!
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice tribute to your dad. It is still hard to believe he has been gone 3 years. I'm thinking of you and your family. It must be so painful to not have him there.

    Amy (from Wenatchee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you, dear friend. Wish we could get together and chat (cry) about life over a bottle of wine. Tomorrow is 16 months for us. Sometimes it's hard to believe life can even go on at all...and yet thank goodness it does. Miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my you just made me cry so bad. i'm so sorry for you.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.