Saturday, August 2, 2008

Different Brides, Same Dress

August is here already (I can't believe it, the summer is flying by), and this is the month in which Dale and I celebrate our wedding anniversary. With that, I have a funny story about my wedding dress.

My best friend Kaylee and I have known eachother our whole lives, but didn't become close until the past 4 years or so. She got married in 2000, and I got married in 2001, but we didn't attend eachother's weddings.

One day during the year that Dale and I were engaged, my mom was at my house and she was like "Oh, I meant to tell you. I was walking by Eaton Tennefoss (a photography studio here in town) and Kaylee McComb's weddng picture was in the window. You guys have the same dress." I totally doubted my mom, assuring her that it was probably just very similar, but it couldn't be the same exact dress. The style of strapless-with-a-band-of-beading-at-the-top was really popular, so I was sure my mom just needed her glasses adjusted.

To be sure, a few days later, I went and looked at the window display at Eaton Tennefoss. I couldn't freaking believe it. It was the SAME dress. The same dress from Demetrios Bridal. I hadn't given my mom's attention to detail enough credit.

Kaylee and I think it's funny now, and people are amazed when they hear the story. We joke that great minds think alike. But really...out of the thousands and thousands of wedding dresses in this world...what are the chances?



(Ok, I realize you can't see my dress much in my picture, but it's my favorite one so this is what you get :))

BTW...What's the secret to getting side-by-side pictures? Couldn't figure it out...

5 comments:

  1. I love that picture of you and Dale! I think you should frame it and put it on display somewhere in your house if it isn't already. So beautiful...Dale I mean.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so you girls are super hot, what else can I say(okay your hubby's too)!! Both very attractive couples and great people. Happy Anniversary to you all! Erin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel- Norm isn't too shabby either. Tell him to give me a call sometime. Oops! Did I say that outloud?!

    I'm gonna miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did say it outloud, but it's ok because I know everyone is always thinking about how hot Norm is anyway. It's really no big deal, don't feel embarassed.

    I'm REALLY gonna miss you...

    I only have 4 days left at the office. Seems unreal. =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel- I can't even "go there" or I get choked up...really! No one else at our office cares if I buy a new shirt or makes me laugh like you do. It's gonna Suck without you. Hey!! Tell Dr. Russell you want Wednesdays off.

    Out of everyone at work, YOU have the hottest husband, contrary to what others may believe...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.