Monday, August 11, 2008

Rowan and Nixon Turn 2!

My baby turns two at the end of this month. Yesterday we attended Melissa's son Nixon's second birthday party. While at the party I came up with this idea to blog about our little boys.

Melissa and I were pregnant together, and even had the same due date, Aug 28th. We also worked together, which was fun...we could be lazy and hormonal and spend the majority of the day in the break room eating Bon Bons, all because "we were pregnant." Everyday at work, at around 9am, one of us would ask the other "...So where are we going for lunch today?" I had to have spent a fortune on food those nine months. It was fun to experience it together.

We then of course had maternity leave together. One would call the other and our conversations would proceed like this:

Me: Hey, did you watch Regis and Kelly this morning?
Mel: Of course. Did you see Kelly's hair?
Me: Yes, that's why I called.
Mel: Do you think I should get my haircut like that?
Me: Hang on. Rowan just had a blowout. I gotta go.

It's crazy how fast time flies. I can't believe our boys are turning 2!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post Jess! I love that we have been able to share the experience of having little terrors...oops, I meant little boys.

    It's insane how the time has gone by, I miss our days of overeating and loving every second of it!

    However, I love watching both of our boys grow up, they are SO precious (Rowan is adorable even when he's playing by himself and eating other kids' suckers...JK, haha). Thanks again for coming yesterday.

    I miss you...and it's only been 1 day. Tear.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Happy Birthday, Rowan. We love you and miss you!!!!
    The Wagner's :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.