Friday, August 22, 2008

I Have Been Dreading This Day...

Look at what my soon-to-be two year old figured out. Now nap time/bedtime is no longer a single event but now an ongoing process. Last night I put him back to bed 20-25 times. Tonight was better...only 4 times.





Rowan (or Roy-yen, as he calls himself) misses Bella. Bella is spending tonight and last night with her friend Hannah. Rowan wanders around the house like he's searching for something, then comes up to me and asks with sad eyes,

Rowan: "Where Beddah?"
Me: "She's at Hannah's house tonight."
Rowan: "Ohhhhhh......"

A half hour later...

Rowan: "Where Beddah?"
Me: "Remember, she's at Hannah's house?"
Rowan: "Ohhhhhhh........"

And so on.

A few minutes ago I went into their room to check on him and I discovered he had gotten out of his crib and was sleeping in her bed. Awww....

3 comments:

  1. You've gotta get one of the crib tents! I L O V E it. Unless that is, you feel like you can actually train your child and get him to listen to you...I, was not so successful at either. So I went with the caging in theory. Cute pics, and story about him missing Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, a crib tent is on my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We gave up on cribs at around 18 months (at the most). Matress on the floor. We did build bunk beds and put the bottom bunk right on the floor. My three year old still gets out of bed in the night just because he likes to "sweep wif mama". Sometimes not cute!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Age 32. Mom, wife, smart aleck.